Managing your health or a loved one's health can be confusing, overwhelming, and frustrating.
Maybe you struggle in one or more of these ways:
- You can’t remember what the doctor told you.
- You didn’t hear everything the doctor said.
- You don’t understand all the medical words.
- You don’t know which questions to ask.
- You have questions but you don’t know who or how to ask.
- You feel like you don’t have all the information you need, and you don’t know where to find it.
As your Personal Patient Navigator, I can help you work through these challenges.
You don’t have to journey alone.
I will listen compassionately to hear your story and to recognize you as a whole, living, dreaming, feeling person.
- I will use my knowledge of biology to help us learn from other experts; my research skills to find reliable information; and my teaching skills to help make information easier for you to understand.
- I will communicate to share information with doctors and others who care for you.
- I will advocate so others hear your questions, concerns, and opinions, and so that they respect your individual worth.
- I will walk with you as you figure out – emotionally and practically – how to live with your treatment plan.